Inbound marketing is about helping brands attract, convert, close and delight visitors. Inbound reaches leads and customers through a variety of channels like blogging, SEO, email, landing pages, and social media. In essence, inbound marketing pulls customers to your company instead of shouting at them.
70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing. (source: HubSpot)
Our research will help to understand what’s working well and where you can improve your marketing efforts. If you are wondering if inbound marketing is a strategy you should consider, our research will help you make a conclusion.
"Content Marketing Strategy" is the most searched query related to content marketing.
Content marketing ranks as the most effective inbound marketing tactic for 20% of marketers worldwide.
Persona-driven content generated by inbound increases the volume of Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) by 45%
Website conversion rate is nearly 6x higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters
Inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional outbound marketing.
Websites with 51 to 100 pages generate 48% more traffic than websites with 1 to 50 pages
When looking at a website for the first time, 38% of consumers look at a page’s layout or navigational links.
42% of people will leave a website because of poor functionality.
6% of web designers believe crowded web design is the most common mistake made by small businesses.
- In the first quarter of 2021, mobile devices generated 54.8 percent of global website traffic.
- Marketers who have prioritized blogging are 13 times more likely to enjoy positive ROI from inbound marketing.
- Articles that are >3,000 words get 3x more traffic, 4x more shares, and 3.5x more backlinks than shorter articles.
- 79% of companies that have a blog report a positive ROI for inbound marketing.
- More than 30% of internet users regularly read blogs. Blogs with more than 2,000 words are seen to perform strongly.
- 51% of companies say updating old content has proven the most efficient tactic implemented.
- SEO drives 1000%+ more traffic than organic social media.
- "Where to buy" and "near me" mobile queries have grown by over 200% in the past two years.
- 93% of online shopping experiences begin with an organic search
- 75% of search engine users never scroll past the first page of search results
- 93% of online shopping experiences begin with an organic search.
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost.
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads.
- Nurtured leads produce, on average, a 20% increase in sales opportunities versus non-nurtured leads.
- Research shows that 35-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first.
- 67% of B2B marketers that use lead nurturing see a 10% or greater increase in sales opportunities.
- 79% of B2B marketers credit email as the most effective distribution channel for demand gen efforts (though GDPR may impact that in EU countries)
- Relevant emails drive 18 times more revenue than broadcast emails.
- Over 20% of marketers surveyed say that email design is improving their email engagement.
- Nearly 25% of people who open an email on a mobile device will open it again: 70% will stick with their mobile device, and 30% will go elsewhere.
- Marketers who used segmented campaigns noted as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
- 90% of brands rely on social media for brand awareness efforts.
- Companies with 51-100 Twitter followers generate 106% more traffic than those with 25 or fewer.
- 72% of organizations use paid social media ads or promoted posts for content seeding.
- LinkedIn is the second-most popular social media platform used by B2B marketers, ranking only behind Facebook.
- As of January 2021, Pinterest has 459 million global active users every month.